Are you looking for an awesome Florida Keys Map? Cool – one is super useful when you are traveling the Keys. We can help you out in that regard.
One of the best ways to get to the Florida keys is on a road trip. If you want more information on this and exactly what to do at each area of the Florida Keys you can check out our comprehensive Miami to Key West drive guide.
If you are wondering whether or not you should visit the Florida Keys are opinion is a resounding YES – the Keys are one of the most popular tourist destinations in the US, made famous by the beach boys who used to play in the bars there, and for good reason – it is an absolutely beautiful area of Florida.
Here is a map of the Florida Keys you can use to make your trip planning easier.
Florida Keys Map
Many people like to travel the 120 miles of beautiful beach in style in a red Mustang – this is a thing is the Keys – so if you are thinking to hire a car, consider a red mustang! You can get a car rental from Miami for as little as $200 for a week.
The Keys are famous for all water sports including awesome snorkeling and diving (check out Bahia Honda State Park), fishing (the Tarpon in the keys will blow your mind – go to Robbies Tarpon in Islamorada if you don’t believe me ;), there is also really good Florida food to try in the Keys such as Conch (pronounced Konk) and of course our personal favorite Key Lime Pie.
- share your map in an email to yourself
- the map automatically appears in google maps (on phone) when you click on the link;
- (troubleshooting – open in a browser window, then click the small white hamburger square in the top right of the map which should open it in google maps.
Where to stop along the way?
Our Miami to Key West road trip guide will help you with key stops to make along the way but of course you could also just follow our map above.
What is helpful about the Florida Keys is that all the areas are marked very clearly with mile markers. It is quite fun when you reach mile marker 0 in Key West. Make sure you get a photo, it is one of the best free things to do in Ket West.
If you drove non stop it would take around half a day to reach Key West from Miami. This would be a fun scenic drive but we would recommend taking a longer trip, say 1 week, and making the most of all the Florida Keys has to offer.
The main places to stop along the way are as follows:
- KEY LARGO (Mile Marker 108)
- ISLAMORADA (Mile Marker 81.2)
- LAYTON (Mile Marker 68.5)
- MARATHON (Mile Marker 58.7)
- BIG PINE KEY (Mile Marker 33)
- LITTLE TORCH KEY (Mile Marker 28.5)
- SUGARLOAF KEY (Mile Marker 17)
- KEY WEST (Mile Marker 0)
Where to stay in the Florida Keys
Here is where we would recommend staying per location:
Hotels in the Florida Keys are not cheap. They range in price from $150 for a budget room to $300+ for a comfortable stay.
It is a great place to come for a romantic getaway to Florida as there are tonnes of stunning luxury romantic hotels. If you are looking for something of that nature, you can check out the best romantic hotels in Key West.
Camping in the Keys:
Camping is another option in the Florida Keys. Generally budget anywhere from $50 – $150 for a campsite in the Florida Keys. If you want more information, you can check out our camping in the Keys guide, otherwise, heres some campsites we would recommend by area.
KEY LARGO (Mile Marker 108)
- Key Largo Kampground – http://www.keylargokampground.com/
- Blue Fin Rock Harbor Marina and RV Resort – https://www.rvkeylargo.com/
- Key Palms Luxury RV Park – https://keyspalmsrvresort.com/
- Kings Kamp RV Park and Marina – http://www.kingskamp.com/
ISLAMORADA (Mile Marker 81.2)
- Fiesta Key RV Resort – https://www.rvonthego.com/florida/fiesta-key-rv-resort/
MARATHON (Mile Marker 58.7)
- Jolly Roger RV Resort – https://jrtp.com/
BIG PINE KEY (Mile Marker 33)
KEY WEST (Mile Marker 0)
- Boyd’s Campground – https://www.boydscampground.com/
- Leo’s Campground – https://www.leoscampground.com/
See more FL Keys fun:
Saturday 5th of November 2022
I have vacation set aside for February 26 thru March 26 thru April 4th 2023 looking for a nice little place to stay with my spouse n maybe another couple. Please send ideas.
Wednesday 16th of November 2022
If you are staying over a month it is sometimes nice to book an apartment so you have more room to spread out and cook etc. Here is an option which has great reviews to check out. Have a great trip!